A photo of Holly Madison and her baby, Rainbow Aurora, has been released, and as one would suspect, the two girls look gorgeous. Holly's blonde flowing locks are curled to perfection. Her makeup is fresh. There's nary a dark circle in sight. And as for little Rainbow -- well, she's just cute as a button as she sleeps peacefully in mama's arms. The whole thing really is just so sweet.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, new moms, but photo ops like these in the first few weeks (unless you have professional hair, makeup, and photography) aren't happening. There's nothing more magical than holding your tiny newborn in your arms, but as for a picture as perfect as Madison's? You're not getting one. Not right away, at least. But here are some photos you will get in the beginning:
- A picture two wet marks on your t-shirt from your boobs leaking breastmilk.
- A picture of you, hair a mess, eyes bloodshot red, waking up in the middle of the night to feed your baby.
- A picture of the package of industrial-sized pads you need on hand the first few weeks. (Too much?)
- A picture of your baby crying. (While babies do sleep peacefully they also cry.)
- A picture of your flowing locks -- covered in spit-up.
- A picture of poop, because babies poop a lot.
- A picture of you and your beautiful baby -- you looking more tired than you ever have before. (But yes, happy.)
Congrats to Holly, Rainbow, and the unbelievable makeup artists, hair stylists, and photography crew. You guys are all amazing. This photo's one for the books.
Do you have any amazing pictures of you and your baby in the first month?
Image via Splash