The following is a post from our sponsor, Tide.
Yes, laundry is a necessary chore. But it’s also an opportunity for fun -- and even learning, but don’t tell the kids that. Here are some ideas for encouraging your little helpers to tackle the laundry!
1. Sort the dirty clothes and linens by color. You can make this basic (light versus dark) or let your kids go to town separating the laundry into a rainbow of piles on the floor.
2. Teach them to measure and pour. Show your child how to dole out the right amount of detergent, like Tide Free & Gentle, and ask them to guess how much is needed based on the size of the load. And now for new Soap.com customers, you can save 20 perent off your first order (enter code CAFEMOM1 at checkout).†
3. Let them push your buttons. Well, not your buttons, of course -- the ones on the washing machine or dryer. Early readers can get practice sounding out what each button says to find the one they need to press.
4. Play a numbers game. If your load of laundry had everyone’s clothes in it, let the kids guess who in the family has the most clothes in each wash. Then they can help sort by owner and count to find out who guessed right!
5. Have a sock-matching race. Dump all the clean socks in a pile on someone’s bed. Have the kids race against each other (or against you) to see who can match up the most pairs. Toddlers and preschoolers can simply stack pairs neatly, while older kids can turn the socks right-side out and roll them up.
From laundry detergent to paper towels, Soap.com has all your favorite household essentials all in one place. Plus, get free 1-2 day delivery on orders $35+*.
How do you make chores like laundry more fun for your kids?
†Offer expires 7/31/13. New Soap.com customers only. Offers cannot be combined with other Soap.com new buyer offers, sales, and close-out items. Offers subject to change or cancellation.
*Free 1-2 day delivery with minimum order of $35. Delivery may take longer for certain products -- please see product detail pages on site for estimated delivery times. No delivery on Sunday or major holidays, so orders placed on Friday and Saturday may take longer to arrive. Free 1-2 day delivery not available in AL or HI.