Pregnancy cravings can be pretty impossible to ignore even if they happen to be a bit on the wacky side, but would you believe that they don't actually stop once the baby is born? Nope, according to new research done by Cussons Mum & Me in the U.K. -- new moms experience cravings too.
A survey was given to 1,000 moms to see what sorts of things they crave most now that they have a new baby in the house. And some of the most popular answers definitely won't surprise you, because if you're anything like every other new mom in the world, you're longing for the same things too.
Want to take a guess as to what the number one craving was? Yep -- a good night's sleep. Most moms want a few decent z's more than anything. (Can you blame them?)
Other popular "cravings" include taking a bubble bath, the first glass of wine after giving birth, fitting back into pre-pregnancy jeans, a week off, and a live-in nanny.
More from The Stir: 6 Totally Bizarre Baby Products
Yep. I remember wanting those six things after I had my son too.
But in addition to sleep, wine, and shedding my baby weight, etc., here are 10 other things I craved something fierce when I was a new mom.
- Reading a magazine cover-to-cover -- Sounds simple enough, but it really is pure bliss.
- Regular date nights -- Oh, what I would have given for an adult dinner at a nice restaurant about once a week.
- A maid -- Heck, I probably would've taken a live-in maid if one of her duties included doing laundry.
- A bulk supply of Tuck's medicated pads -- Do I really have to elaborate on this one?
- Long, hot showers -- Preferably once a day.
- Day at the spa -- A day devoted to me being pampered instead of pampering my baby? Sign me up!
- My mom -- What new mom doesn't want her own mom there?
- Sexy underwear -- They send you home from the hospital in mesh panties. No further comment.
- Time to poop ... alone -- Who am I kidding? There are days when I still don't have this, and I still crave it.
- A personal chef -- To cook yummy, healthy meals that would get my fat butt back into shape faster.
What have you been craving since you had your baby?
Image via Mary Fischer