I knew it! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! I knew new moms lie. And now there's a survey to prove it.
In this case, at least a third of the more than 11,000 moms who talked to Netmums admitted they will lie about how well their babies are sleeping. It seems they feel so much pressure to put on the face of being a good mom with a wonderful baby, so they fake it.
Now, I'm going to be completely truthful here: I'm glad to hear moms admit they make stuff up. No one wants to feel like they're the only one who isn't having a perfect time being a mom. It's easier knowing moms like about how great it is.
And just in case you aren't sure what I'm talking about, let's look at some of the other lies moms tell (that I don't believe for a second):
1. Of course I shower every day: Yeah, sure you do. If by shower you mean "grabs some extra baby wipes and rubs them over the armpits then applies extra deodorant." It's OK to skip a shower now and then. Heck, I have a 7-year-old, and I am still sometimes just so busy it doesn't happen.
2. My baby never, ever cries, unless he's hungry: Never? Ever? Don't you worry about him?
3. I love absolutely everything about being a mother: Even the projectile vomit and the poop under your fingernails? Because I didn't love them.
4. I didn't have to work out or diet. The baby weight just melted away: Uh huh. And I have magical fairies who live in my dresser drawer and fart rose petals so that everything will smell better.
5. I wash everything the baby throws on the floor before she gets it back because of the germs: Wow. What a way to waste water.
6. My baby has never sat in a soiled diaper for more than a few seconds: Daaaang, you must have some amazing spidey senses. You can sense a wet diaper from your room in a dead sleep in the middle of the night before your baby has even noticed.
What do you hear other moms say that makes you roll your eyes and think, "Yeah, right!"?
Image via renaissancechambra/Flickr