Last week, I had my fourth baby. Unlike my other three, she came out glossy, clean, and unfussy. But, these first days have been just as exciting, draining, and stressful as I remember having a newborn being. Probably even more so. Her name? Confessions of a Scary Mommy. Isn't she cute?!
I've learned a lot this week, and since my Confessions has no baby book, I'll document her early days here ...
1. Despite what US Weekly says, celebrities aren't just like us. They kind of glow. Or, maybe they just have really good makeup artists.
2. Launch parties are awesome. Ouidad, the best hair salon for curls in the universe, threw me the party of my dreams. I wish I could have it every weekend.
3. Promote your book tour stops or nobody will come. Maybe nobody will come anyway, but there's certainly less of a chance that way.
4. Friends and family will offer amazing support. I will never forget the way my loved ones boosted me up and helped spread the word. It was unbelievable.
5. Enjoy it. The moment I walked through the door, I was met with whining children, noses in need of wiping, and laundry scattered throughout the house. Back to life as a mom.
Image via Scary Mommy