If you have a B-NIMBLE stroller, listen up. Britax, the company that makes the strollers, has today issued a voluntary safety recall on some B-NIMBLE stroller models.
Sadly, there is an issue where parents are wrongly assuming the brakes are on when they're not -- there's a "click" you hear when you press the brake pedal, but that doesn't necessarily mean the brake is engaged. I can see how that could be misleading and dangerous.
Here is everything you need to know about the recall.
- The recall is for all B-NIMBLE strollers manufactured on or after August 1, 2010 for model numbers U311771, U311773, U311775, and U311780.
- If you hear a "click," it doesn't mean the brake is activated. Make sure to double check before assuming the stroller won't go anywhere.
- If you have one of these defective strollers, you should contact BRITAX immediately and they will send you a new one.
- Call the BRITAX Customer Service Department at 1-888-427-4829.
- If you're not sure if your stroller is one that is affected, you can also call the customer service number above and they'll be able to help you.
It's always scary when there is a recall on items designed for child safety or health, but this one doesn't seem too harmful. Just make sure the brake is on and you're good to go. But of course there's no reason to risk anything happening to your little one, so better safe than sorry. Looks like Britax is being pro-active and helpful, so if this recall affects you, things should go smoothly.
Does this recall affect you?
Photo via britaxusa.com